more of schindler's 1934 buck house






I think architects should, like doctor's have a version of the Hippocratic Oath. It should start with the phrase that is (incorrectly) atributed to it such as"First, do no harm".

My opinion about Schindler is shifting. He seems to really the the spaces right. Then, he starts doing amazing things with the details and geometric compositions within the structure.

This makes him different than practically every architect working today. Please send me comments on this to correct me. But, almost all new architecture I see these days seem to a concept or decorative (read conceptual b.s. here) motive at the expense of the space - or the needs of the client.

Here are some photos of some beautiful details of this house. Unfortunately there is no way to convey how nice the space is without visiting it.
 
Powered by Blogger.